Voci sull'Inferno di Dante
To mark the 700th anniversary of Dante's death, the Istituto di Italianistica dell'Università di Basilea and The William & Katherine Devers Program in Dante Studies at the University of Notre Dame have organized a reading of the Inferno that will take place at the University of Basel. This will be divided into five meetings, each of two and a half days, that are scheduled for the Spring and Autumn between March 2019 and March 2021.
6-8 March 2019: cantos I-VII
23-25 October 2019: cantos VIII-XIV
11-13 March 2020: cantos XV-XXI
21-23 October 2020: cantos XXII-XXVIII
10-12 March 2021: cantos XXIX-XXXIV
The aim of the meetings is to assess and discuss the individual cantos. The discussions will bring together the speakers, as well as undergraduate and postgraduate students. The lecturae and an edited version of the discussions will be published by Carocci of Rome in two volumes that will appear in September 2021.
On the first evening of each meeting, there will be a public lecture dedicated to the following topics connected to the Inferno:
- Introduction to the 'Inferno'
- The composition and transmission of the 'Inferno'
- Love and error: the 'Vita nova', the lyric experience, and the 'Inferno'
- Doctrine and damnation: the 'Convivio' and the 'Inferno'
- The problem of language: the 'De vulgari eloquentia’ and the 'Inferno'
Veranstaltung übernehmen als iCal